Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Completed: The Idaho Scarf



Such a delightful project from start to finish. The yarn was a dream (Chunky Misti Alpaca from Isabel's in Ketchum, Idaho), the pattern kept my mind busy and it was quick due to the thick yarn. The scarf has a nice heft to it and drapes beautifully. It is super warm, I can see me throwing it on in the winter by itself, no jacket needed (I'm not much of a jacket person anyway). And as icing on the cake, I got to add luscious fringe to the ends, just another excuse to pet that baby alpaca yarn. The pattern was The Purl Scarf from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. Next I have cast on for a shawl that I already had the yarn for, but I am starting to think about Christmas projects for certain little girls that keep begging for scarves of their own.



No comments: