Friday, July 18, 2008

End One, Start Two

I finally finished my first knitting project, the scarf that was on display a few posts back. I think I was dragging my feet because I didn't want to take the time to learn how to bind off, but thanks to a suggestion from mom to check out knittinghelp.com and their great videos it is done! Also, it's pretty funny that I finished it today, because today my air conditioning died. In the middle of July. In Atlanta. And what do I do? Knit.












Makes no sense, but now I can start on my next knitting project which I have been drooling over since I bought the yarn in Idaho. I will be whipping up The Purl Scarf from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, which I am a bit intimidated by because you knit with three strands at the same time in a rib pattern. It is in the 4-6 hour projects section so I'm guessing it will take me about 4-6 months. What? I have a lot going on. And, well, apparently I am a chronic project starter. Butterfly quilt you say? Yeah, Yeah.











Also, I got my hands on the new Amy Butler Birdie Sling pattern and bought fabrics this week to make one asap. I am using my absolutely favorite fabric of the moment by Anna Maria Horner. I think it is going to be fantastic.

2 comments:

MelissaS said...

No air conditioning!? Ah the pain, the pain!

Kathy Bridges said...

Love the fabrics for "The Birdy" pattern. Don't loose any sleep over this Kate, it is hereditary, there isn't a thing you can do about it. I am taking my new sock yarn with me out west even though I haven't finished my other socks. As "God is my witness", I will not start the new socks until the current ones are finished!
(Oh shut-up Scarlett, nobody is starving here!!)
Can't wait to see all the finished projects when I get back!
MOM