Monday, June 8, 2009

Too Sunburned to Sew


Not a lot of crafty action going on around here... we took advantage of a childless weekend to jaunt up to the family lakehouse and lounge around on the dock (a little too long). I took some knitting but didn't even touch it. Just lake and sun and naps and candlelight dinners. This is why I love this man... he didn't one time say I was completely hairbrained when I told him I wanted to haul a quilt and candles down to the dock to eat dinner just like we were in a page out of the recent Anthropologie catalogue. Even though that meant he had to carry dinner down about 50 steps and a REALLY steep hill...



and over a gang plank (um, after wading knee deep in water because the other end of the walkway is presently submerged)...



It was worth it.





But then we had to carry it all back up. There are numerous stairs beyond the ones you can see here. Was still worth it.



(he also never called me a crackpot for wanting to put battery powered candles all down the stairs)

We wandered home Sunday and then went to see Bon Iver. He was beyond awesome. I wish this video did him the least bit of justice, but sadly my little camera has a super crappy microphone that can't handle any of the base or overwhelming noise of about 1500 people singing at the top of their lungs. But it makes me smile to remember, so here it is anyway.










5 comments:

Andi said...

Looks amazing.
I'm sure it was worth every single step.
Andi :-)

Kathy Bridges said...

Nope, no smart comments. Beautiful!
Mom

MelissaS said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwww - isn't that nice. And I know how many stairs there are as I have walked them myself. Kudo's to Mr. Jay - you the man.

Audrey

Jackie's Stitches said...

That's the kind of guy that is a serious keeper!