Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor Day

Last weekend we joined my aunt and uncle up at the lake house. I love how the girls always fall perfectly into the lake rhythm... days spent in the water and evenings on the porch, where sunset is always an event.



My two favorite boys even joined us this time. Well, Jack never misses out on a chance to go to the lake, but Jay's weekend baseball schedule had kept him away all summer. We had such a great time that we are returning this weekend.

The girls and I did try a little flower experiment inspired by The Crafty Crow.



For some reason the blue worked the best and the red got a little gloppy. The green worked too, it was just hard to tell because Queen Ann's Lace is already so green under the white tips of the flowers. However, I think this little project would work much better if the flowers went into the water immediately after cutting (we were too busy playing) or if we had made a fresh cut on the stems. At least it gave the girls something to check on every five minutes.


3 comments:

Kathy Bridges said...

Thanks for sharing. You got giggly girls and flowers, I got moose and cowboys. I will share too, eventually.
The Grammy.

Amanda Jean said...

the last photo is so beautiful!!

Dionne said...

beautiful photos. Looks like you all had a wonderful time!