Sunday, May 10, 2009

Perfect Day



Yesterday was wonderful. My only complaint is that it went too fast (I know, all brides say that, but there were so many moments I wanted to freeze time and just breathe it all in). Two of my best friends helped me get ready and drank champagne out of the bottle with me to calm my nerves. The ceremony was rich with detail and deeply meaningful to us both. The party in the vineyard was time spent with almost every person I love.

We laughed a lot. We cried a little. It sprinkled just enough for luck. We hula hooped. We ran through the grass. There was casual knitting with wine and conversation. There were quilts spread under the oak trees. My daughters were so beautiful my heart hurts to think about it. I married my best friend. Perfect.


I will link to a flickr album once I finish rounding up pictures from family and friends (for some reason we didn't take many ourselves). I do love these that Jay took as we ran around after almost all the guests were gone, with the shawl that was finished thanks to my mother dragging it out of my hands two days before the wedding.

12 comments:

Andi said...

A perfect day.
Congratulations!!
Andi :-)

Journeying Five said...

congratulations...it sounds splendid and the pictures are wonderful. thank you mom for finishing the shawl!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty bride. Your mom told me it was a prefect day. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Love, Audrey

Kathy Bridges said...

It was a perfect day and nobody wanted it to end! I can't even say something smartass like "what wedding?", it was just too special a day that will stay in our hearts forever. I wish there was a picture of Jay, my new son, because he was beyond handsome. I know they will come, I just want them all right now!!
Thanks for posting these Kate to keep me for awhile.
Love you,
Mom

Kathy Bridges said...

Oh, one more comment. Both of Kate's daughters knitted a few stitches into the shawl. So, three generations worked on it. I love that kind of thing!
Mom

MelissaS said...

It was AWESOME! We had such a good time!

Oh and ask Jay I was at the tennis courts at 8am, where was he?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad the weather was nice for your special day.... You looked beautiful, happy, and peaceful in the pictures that you posted. LOVE that your shawl has stiches so lovingly placed by you, your mom, ans sisters.... What an heirloom!
Now, can you "get-stitchy" again and send your delightful inspiration out into the world?!
I finally got my hands on 3 yards of full moon forest owl fabric and will be revisiting your quilt to get some inspiration....
Mary

Casey said...

It sounds like it was all beautiful! you look gorgeous in your dress and with your shawl. Congratulations

Christy said...

It was WONDERFUL!

KBB said...

Kate, You look GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see more pictures. I can not believe that you took the time to post these so quickly! I love the 3 generation (worked on) shawl, what a wonderful idea. Kristen

Chris {frecklemama} said...

HOW GORGEOUS!!! What a beautiful day and a beautiful bride. I am so happy for you. May you have years of happy times with your best friend and your new family :-)

In the tent said...

Hi,

Congratulations!!

With your permission I'd like to add your blog to the blog page of my new quilting directory, Quilt Qua : http://www.quiltqua.com/links/blogs/ You can let me know if you'd like to be included. If you would like to be on the first alpha list, you simply need to let me know you've made mention, or placed a link on your site, back to Quilt Qua. I can send you a graphic if you'd like one for that purpose.

I try to check my lists, but if I've already contacted you, I'm sorry.

I look forward to hearing from you. Please note photos are always welcome on the Show and Tell page (right now there is a giveaway connected to the show and tell), and do let me know if I've missed your business to list on the web site!


--
Thank you,
Connie Colten
Quilt Qua
www.quiltqua.com
619-562-0867