Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I think it is very important to point out to everyone that the wedding napkins have been done for a whole week, that's two weeks before the wedding people! I really thought I would be still sewing these the night before the wedding, but thanks to the help of many people, some of them complete strangers, they were done in plenty of time. My mom sewed a very large stack, and my friend Audrey flew through a stack of them last weekend at quilt camp (she would tell you it was thousands, but really it was about 15). And then about a week and a half ago I had one of the best mail days ever because all of the ones below arrived!

A fabulous box of napkins from Mary in Virginia, including wine charms in our wedding colors and a little kit to make fabric flowers, sooooo stinkin' cute!



And, her friend Sandy apparently joined the festivities too and included these lovelies:


And also Chris, from my neck of the woods, sent these along:


I really just kind of walk around with a goofey smile on my face whenever I think of these napkins and these ladies, they are like 19 little hugs and best wishes from the blogosphere, just awesome. Thank you all so much!
And here is what 70 finished cocktail napkins looks like... seems like that stack should look a lot taller, huh? But they are all there, I've counted several times.

I'm super excited to see them in use next weekend. Eek! Next weekend!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know these next few days will be so hectic and stressful for you..... I hope that next weekend will be gloriously beautiful and that on your special day you will find some calm, to enjoy each moment, each person, every glass of wine ;-)as you move through your wedding day....
Peace, Mary