Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Quilt Camp!



Quilt camp was so much fun that we have already scheduled two more for later this year. I only got to go a couple of days, but my mom, aunt and friend Audrey were at it for a week and got lots completed considering camp includes lots of vodka tonics and the occasional nap. My aunt finished her first two quilts, baby quilts for coworkers:




Audrey came with a suitcase full of uncut fabric and left with a quilt top! She had plenty of help deciding exactly how the blocks should be laid out and Rillion was there to help with pictures:




My mom made all the blocks for a quilt she started, and also put in some time on the neverending wedding shawl.
I finished the aforementioned napkins and put in some time on the shawl too, I really look forward to working on a non-wedding related project at the next quilt camp. Of course, I will probably be working on the quilt made from the napkins, so I guess that is still wedding related. We really did have a great time, and the beasts definitely did not want us to leave. Look at these pitiful pup faces trying to go home in the car with us!

7 comments:

Andi said...

Quilt camp!!!!
I want to come.
Did you just organise this yourselves?
What fun!!!

Anonymous said...

As usual, great photos Kate. It was such a good time!!!! How is that shawl coming?
Can't wait to make more memories this weekend!
Mom

Dionne said...

What a fun and productive weekend! I've never been to Quilt Camp ~ but now I definitely want to go!
Cheers,
Dionne

Anonymous said...

We did have a good time. Great photos. Such attactive animals!

I can't wait for Quilt Camp Cumming later this summer and Quilt Camp Ohio next year. Then it will be time for Quilt Camp Idaho!

Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

let me know if you need a drink runner up in idaho.

THE jay

Anonymous said...

We can always use a drink runner and a short order cook to boot!

Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

The Jay - do you want to be drink runner in OH? Kate, your photos are wonderful and the dogs still crack me up. Looking forward to QC this summer.

Audrey